Monday, April 15, 2013

Angelfall Fanfiction 2

Okay, so here we go again. I got a few requests to do this, so Imma try. Let's see how this goes :0

This is when Raffe holds Penryn while she's having a nightmare in Chapter 10 of Angelfall by Susan Ee.
 
I tried to block it out. I really did. I knew I shouldn't show any sort of compassion towards a human, especially one who leave me for the dead in a heartbeat. Or maybe she wouldn't, her loyalty towards her sister was astounding.

But right now her screams were getting worse. She was tossing and turning in her sleep, yelling out her sister's name. Just looking at her now I could see the sweat beginning to glisten on her forehead as she clawed at the couch she was laying on. Tears were beginning to run down her face as she flailed desperately. Sympathy hit me, cold and hard. 

I got up and walked over to her, hesitating only a moment before scooping her in my arms, clutching her small, half starved form. She began to scratch at my chest, "Hush, shhh." I whispered and she shuddered. I held her trembling body tight, stroking stray hairs out of her face. Her body writhed a little, moving against mine gently, now. I whispered more cool, smooth things in her ear and after a few minutes she had fallen back into a peaceful sleep.

I was about to get up when Penryn snuggled deeper in my lap, murmuring softly. I was fascinated by this human, she was the most loyal and self-less creature I had ever encountered. And I was the key to getting her sister back. I remembered her face when she asked me to take her to the aerie, she tried to sound indifferent, but her eyes lit up at the mention of saving her sister. She wasn't stupid, she was desperate. 

I looked back down at Penryn now, studying her peaceful face as she curled into me. Our bodies fit together perfectly, and my heart sped up at the thought of kissing her. Her lips were slightly parted, breaths coming out in light puffs. As much as I wanted to, a wave of revulsion hit me. I was thinking of kissing a human? While she was asleep? What kind of pervert did that?

I quickly stood up, her small form sliding off of mine. I would take her to the aerie, but I would not like it. As soon as she got her sister back I would get my wings back and we would go our own ways. Maybe I'd even kill her. But I would not like spending time with her, disgust went through me with the very thought. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew that hte disgust wasn't towards her...

Looking one last time at Penryn's sleeping form, small and vulnerable, I walked off, shaking my head. What made this girl so special?

Well, that's all for now folks!! Hope you all liked it :D

xxAvalon

2 comments: