Friday, April 18, 2014

Random Thought: Upcoming Movies/Adaptations

Okay, this one may be kind of long, but a friend of mine got me thinking about all of the movies I wanted to see this and next year. Some of these movies may not be confirmed yet that they are actually coming out (Some don't make it after they're announced), but these are my top few and why.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy. HOLY CRAP I cannot wait for this movie to come out. It cannot come soon enough. I love all of the Marvel movies and am extremely ashamed to say I haven't read many of the comic books. (I do plan to, though, when I have more money and time) Stan Lee deserves so many awards for coming up with ideas this amazing, I mean, come on, a raccoon, a tree, a green woman and a guy named Star Lord are off to save the universe. ASDFGHJKL. Honestly, this movie looks amazing and halarious and it has Vin Diesel and Benecio del Toro.

2. The Amazing Spider-man Two- Why? Andrew Garfield.

 Need I say more?

No, but really, The Amazing Spider-man charmed me in a way that the originals didn't. To me, Toby McGuire made a really whiny version of one of the coolest superheroes out there. In other words, so much wasted potential. Emma Stone and Andrew just made a better fit, both of their characters are capable, and they don't complain all the time. Plus, #EnemiesUnite !!! What?!? Rhino, Electro, and a gorgeous Green Goblin?! Well, at first anyway, he sort of turns green after a while... (Hopefully he's complicated)

3. The Hobbit: There and Back Again. How could you not want to see this? It's got Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman and Ian McKellan and it'll have Elijah Wood as Frodo in this one *grins happily*. Not only is the cast amazing, the graphics are going to be so amazing, the storyline is awesome, even if it doesn't follow the book, and for God's sake it's The Hobbit!

4.  The Maze Runner. My brother and I both read the book, so now I kind of feel obligated to go. He doesn't read many books. Although, I have seen the trailer, and it looks as though it's going to follow the book fairly well. The book was awesome and new and original, and I really hope that the movie follows it as well as it promises too.

5. How To Train Your Dragon Two. I really love animated, Disney-esque sorts of movies. They're fluffy and adorable and Hiccup has stubble in this one. Cate Blanchet is his mother *.* and I just am so excited I even have a poster :D


6. Mockingjay Part One. Do I really need to explain why I want to see this? Francis Lawrence is a gift from God, and Jennifer Lawrence deserves all of the awards. But Finnick...*sobs*

7.  Malificent. Oh, I think this one is going to be cool. Angelina Jolie stars as Malificent, and you get to see Sleeping Beauty from her point of view. Oh, Jolie is going to be a perfect Malificent, she has a great voice for the part. (It's not animated though)
Malificent when she's going to go see the baby princess...

8. Into the Woods. I've watched the play a whole bunch of times at my school, and I really think the plot line is interesting. A whole bunch of fairy tales combine so they are all happening on the same night in the same woods. Besides the totally cool story and the fact that I already love the play, the cast consists of: Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine, and Anna Kendrick. And those are only some of them!! 

9. The Other Woman. This really doesn't have to do with anything, it just looks hilarious. It stars Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton, and Nicki Minaj is in it as well. It appears as though it's going to be witty and fluffy, and I figure I have to see just maybe one sort of movie of this kind before the end of the year, so not everything is so angsty.

As for movies I don't want to see. 

The Giver. I read the book for my English class last year, and it isn't that bad of a book. It wasn't my favorite, but then again, it was for class. I was planning on going to see the movie, until I saw the trailer. It's like they took the book and changed it into some sort of action movie with heart stopping action and romance and while I like Brendon Thwaites he's too old to be Jonas. Weird, how you can have amazing book to movie adaptations like the Hunger Games and then you have this. I won't judge yet though, if the reviews are good enough I might go see it.

Godzilla. I have a feeling this movie is going to be one of those shaky-camera action movies, where you can't see the fight, you can just hear the grunts of pain from the two participants. It's going to have a lot of angst and debate and a little romance in there and a monster who destroys New York. Nothing we haven't all seen before. 

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yes, it's becoming a movie, and yes, it has Megan Fox. While it looks like a cute, comedy, superhero movie, I don't think I want to spend seven dollars plus gas to go see it. Maybe if a friend buys it when it's out on DVD I'll see it, but it just doesn't have that 'wow' factor with me.

Batman vs. Superman. I didn't like Man of Steel, and the only Batman I really liked was The Dark Knight, with Heath Ledger as the Joker. Once again, I don't like the shaky-camera action scenes all that much, and that is just about all that Man of Steel was. Over the top violence does not make a movie good! Another thing, why would Batman and Superman fight?

Anyway, so that's an abbreviated list of the movies I do and do not want to see in the future. :D

xxAvalon

No comments:

Post a Comment